Ahoy Cooperative is available to design, facilitate, and implement organizational structures, processes, and gatherings. Every project is unique – please get in touch to explore what working with us might look like for your group.
- Membership – Systems, Programs, & Communications
- Volunteer – Systems, Programs, & Communications
- Governance – Systems + Evaluation & Reporting
- Management – Systems + Evaluation & Reporting
- Assemblies (In Person & Online)
- These customizable processes are for large groups seeking to explore and build agreement around a given issue (e.g. set strategy collectively).
- Decision-Making (In Person & Online)
- The many kinds of decisions groups need to make vary greatly depending on their scope (e.g. those impacted, real costs, level of agreement needed), so decision-making processes can be designed uniquely for a group and a given issue. There are many instances in which decisions need to be made beyond the scope of a group’s codified decision-making practices.
- Consultations (In Person & Online)
- Using a combination of tools (e.g. online survey, wiki, interview) aligned with the group’s communication culture, consultations solicit feedback on the implementation of a strategy or project, as well as build buy-in for the work. Results are useful in shaping workplans, troubleshooting organizational practices, and revealing ideas for new projects.
- Accountability & Care
- Accountability (e.g. Transformational Justice) & Care (e.g. Grievance & Evaluation Processes) – Interpersonal and institutional harm inevitably happen within groups. Accountability processes can be designed to address the harm and pursue healing for the people and the group, as a whole. Care processes that serve all stakeholders in an an organization offer ongoing accountability checks to avoid getting to the point of needing to address significant harm.
- Short-Form Gatherings (In Person & Online)
- Governance Meetings (e.g. Board of Directors), Operations Meetings (e.g. Management, All Staff), Constituent Meetings (e.g. Membership)
- Long-Form Gatherings (In Person & Online)
- Leadership Retreats, Planning Sessions
- Trainings (In Person & Online)
- Leadership Development, Group Development (e.g. Trustbuilding), Business & Strategic Planning, Entrepreneurship, Network & Movement Building, Cooperative Philosophy & Practice
- Facilitation Guides
- Agenda and Session Plans designed to meet your stated objectives, prepared for your group to DIY facilitation
- Curriculum Development
- Creation of educational resources for use by trainers and leaders to train individuals in engaging with a structure or process